Here are a few links to new stuff on the Imus mess:
- For highlights of the press conference, go to MSNBC.
- For video of the full press conference, go here.
- For reaction from Rutgers University, which has lovingly embraced its coach and team and righteously condemned the odious Imus, go here.
- For a thoughtful piece by Post columnist Eugene Robinson, go here. The Post also ran an editorial on Imus this morning called "Shocked Jock." It's here.
- Gwen Ifill, who was herself the object of Imus's ridicule when she was White House correspondent for the Times during the Clinton administration, has a short op-ed that appropriately shifts attention back to the women of Rutgers. It's here.
While Moose ponders that weighty subject, I have one thing to say to the extraordinary women of Rutgers:
No one can take that moment of pure grace away from you. It is yours forever. You purchased it with your fierce dedication, your unyielding faith in yourselves and your team, and in the sheer beauty of your athleticism. No washed-up celebrity jerk can steal it or tarnish it or even touch it, for it lives in your souls and in the hearts of all of us who thrilled in your accomplishments throughout the season and in the tournament. You are pure grace--in word and deed. Whatever the score of any game, you are winners--plain and simple.